Friday 2 October 2009

Friday feeling.

At last it's Friday. And it's October. I cannot believe how quickly this year is going. I really remember February when we had all the snow. It seems like yesterday. Today for the first time I really want a cigarette. I won't have one. Can't really imagine smoking at the moment, just a slight craving.
The weather here is grim. Autumn/Winter has started. I got my trusty Parka/Puffa out and wore it on the school run. It's into it's 5th season and always does the job. I haven't bought a 'wool' winter coat for years. I suppose I would if I had a job - I need something a bit smarter, but as all I do is walk to the school or visit Tescos, it seems pointless.
Can I just say the boys are watching a programme called 'Harry and Toto' and the narrator is the sister from Johnny Briggs. Fran will probably be the only person who knows who I mean. The professional Northern one. Speaking of Northerners, is it me or is the awful woman from Corrie who was married to Sinbad and who now works in the kebab shop, getting more and more bizarre. The way she speaks is extraordinary. Her mouth scrunches up in the weirdest way and she does the oddest things. I digress....not that I really had a point before. And what about Row-seees cleavage? She might as well get them out. Why did the bloke from the factory go out with her and WHAT does he see in Michelle. She's so brassy.
I also miss London for the first time today. I miss Alice and my mum and I miss you all. I hadn't really before now, and that's no disrespect to any of you, I just have been happy up here. I suppose it's because of the diabetes (which has now been confirmed). Whilst there is no doubt I have it, they now have to establish if I have type I or II. The health service has been beyond efficient and all is done locally. The bloods were done yesterday and the Doctors phoned this morning. My fasting blood sugar was 21 and anything over 7 is considered diabetic. I saw a Dr this morning, was given a glucose monitor, a prescription for tablets and an appointment for Monday morning with the Diabetes nurse. I can't fault them for anything so far. I was a bit upset, but suppose in my heart of hearts knew this was coming and had got my head round it. I just want John to get home safe this evening. He's been in Dubai all week on business. I really have missed him. How we used to spend the week apart for all those months, is beyond me. In fact I don't know how I coped during our separation. I didn't. I missed him, but then I suppose I coped because he wasn't the nice John I love now. He was an utter twat.
Fran text me the other day regarding 'Live from Studio five'. I think that's what it's called. She referred to it as 'car crash tv' and I wholeheartedly agree. I can't not watch it, but it makes me feel so uneasy. Who in god's name thought Melinda Messenger was a good interviewer? I would like to criticise the toothy one from the apprentice, but to be fair, she doesn't speak. Vern Troyer was on last night. If I hear the story of his Heath Ledger tattoo one more time..... It's Moo, irrelevant and it doesn't actually sound as if they really knew each other. Maybe they did. but all seems some what attention seeking.
As always, I hope you are all well.
Love
s
x

1 comment:

  1. i knew you'd love studio 5. what a a complete shambles. i've only ever seen 5 mins coz it is so embarrassing. i stood in the middle of the room with my mouth open in disbelief. such inane conversations they have between each other after a report. i don't suppose it will last very long. x

    ReplyDelete