Tuesday 29 September 2009

Tuesday already.

The weekend was a total washout for me. I spent most of it asleep, which I obviously needed, but I hate wasting the day. John was brilliant and just left me to it, while he amused and fed the boys. All they seem to do is eat. I think we're in the midst of a growth spurt, as well as them being petulant teenagers. All I get is 'why?', 'in a minute', and 'no.' Everything is a battle. I am really trying not to raise my voice to them, as they know the minute I shout, they're in control. How can three year olds be so manipulative? It's a phase and I'm sure they'll grow out of it.
I did get out of bed on Saturday. The weather was tres glorious. We drove to the beach and spent some time there. Whilst Aberdeen beaches aren't exactly St Tropez they are clean, there's plenty of space and they are easy to get to. The beaches near the city are lovely, but if you drive up North there are some real gems.
I'm having blood tests on Thursday to try and determine whether or not I have diabetes. I'm almost 100% sure I have. I have every single symptom and the Dr's were sure it would eventually come back. My mouth 'problem' has turned out to be Oral Thrush. The swab taken at the Dr's confirmed this. Sorry to get so personal. Ongoing thrush is another symptom of diabetes. I've been given this medicine to take which is revolting, but I tend to think the worse the taste the better the chances of clearing it. How I would like to describe it, would be base, even for me. Hopefully it will clear up. Eating has been unbearable the last week. I also think it could be mixed in with the condition Eff told me about. I looked it up on the Internet. It's amazing what's out there and what people have to live with.
Mum's here at the moment, as John is in Dubai on business. I love having her here and I think she really enjoys it. I know the boys adore her. Every morning they wake up and go into her room, climb into bed and I can hear them chatting away.
Sofa's arrived on Friday. We can sit and watch the TV. Marvellous, as a new series of Come dine with me, started on Sunday. The best show ever.
Love you all.
xxx

2 comments:

  1. that is so adorable about your mum and the boys! how sweet to hear them chatting away in the morning. i love that too. best time of the day. lots of love to susan. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh sal, i'm glad to hear you are being looked after, lets hope you can get the tests back soon and get things sorted. i've had oral thrush before, so nasty. look after yourself and enjoy your family, thinking of you lovely....x.

    ReplyDelete