Saturday 17 October 2009

A lovely week.

I can't tell you how nice the last week has been. We're mid the Scottish school holidays and John took last week off. We've just pottered about and had a few day trips. I kind of take it for granted that as soon as we leave our road we are in the country. There are mountains on the horizon as we drive down (or up) the A90 and suddenly you come off and start following a small road that leads you through one small village after the other. Some of the villages are lovely and some are so small and bleak I would rather stick pins in my eyes, than live in them. The green, the forests and the general landscape are stunning though. Sometimes when I see the map of the UK on the TV weather reports I do feel a little cut off. Aberdeen is quite isolated, unlike other Scottish cities. It seems up bit 'up the top'. Although everything (bar Ikea) I need or want is here.
I'm sitting in the living room as I write this and watching Ben & Sam play outside. I love that they can play out. Obviously I check on them and keep an eye, but I feel as long as they don't go past certain boundaries (touch wood) they are ok. I never dreamed that Ben and Sam would be able to do this. They scoot around with the boys next door, Cameron & Kyle. Ben and Sam adore Cameron as he is an older boy and clearly some sort of Demi-God. They are constantly wanting to tell Cameron things. His little brother Kyle is the sweetest thing. Have I said this before?
I probably won't write again until I return from London. The boys and I get in late afternoon on Monday and leave Friday morning.
See you soon
S
x

No comments:

Post a Comment