Tuesday 22 September 2009

The nice receptionist.

Today I came across something as rare as hen's teeth. A Dr's receptionist who was actually nice and dare I say helpful. Every other receptionist I have come across has, without fail been trained by war lords and, I'm sorry to say this, have been a few sandwiches short of a picnic. The Dr's at my last practice were lovely, but the amoeba's working the desk were bloody awful and rude beyond belief. This lady was lovely.
I went there today to register and asked how long I had to leave it before I could make an appointment. She said usually a couple of days, but if it was urgent she would book me in for the next appointment. I explained that I wasn't dying, then touched wood, but thought I was showing too many signs for diabetes and would like to get checked out. She found me an appointment for tomorrow at three. She also complimented my cardigan.
I'll keep you updated on the diabetes. I've ignored it, but now have to grow up and deal with it. I had gestational diabetes with the boys and they said it would be a real possibility it would come back. So maybe it has.
On a lighter note, there is an amazing indoor play area fifteen minutes up the road. I went there yesterday with the boys (obviously) and both my neighbours. It's so jzuzy. All Cath Kidston and gorgeous cup cakes. So lovely, that I went back today with only Heat magazine to keep me company, and the boys. Will happily spend many a rainy afternoon there, drinking tea and eating bakewell slices.
Hope you are all well. We are all fine and I promise to let you know about the Dr's.
Lots of love
S
x

3 comments:

  1. oh sal, it's lovely to read your words, i can hear you talking! hope you're feeling better, do keep us posted about the doctors.
    i love that you're having fun with the neighbours!...x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love a bakewell slice! my docs receptionists are also lovely. i moved there a year or so ago from a crap doctors closer to me. i kept saying thank you! thank you so much! coz i couldn't believe how helpful they were. they probably think i'm bonkers. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm...bakewell slices, or tarts even, love 'em! and i must commend you on your use of vernacular - loving the 'rare as hen's teeth' etc! miss you. x

    ReplyDelete