Tuesday 1 December 2009

Happy 4th Birthday.....


Yesterday B & S celebrated their fourth birthday. I cannot tell you what a great day we all had. They are really at an age where they totally understand what is going on and get excited about it. They woke later than normal which we found rather odd and ran downstairs looking to see if I had decorated the house with balloons as requested by B. I did my best and spent the evening before blowing up 45 balloons. J was no help at all, stating 'he couldn't do it'. Pathetic. I was glad I made the effort as B literally squealed as he walked into the living room. Balloons and presents ahoy.

We had a great morning and really seemed to love what we bought them. We were careful this year not to buy any old tat and got things they had shown an interest in. I think their favourite present is 'Kerplunk.' I love it. They love a game that we played as children. Obviously it's not the same as our version. I'm sure the sticks in the 70's/80's were sharp and they were no way near as flimsy. They now have cottoned on to how you actually play. Initially the fun was to get all the marbles to fall. No they both seem to have developed their own little strategy's.
They also got a game for the wii. I have recently started to let them play on the wii, despite my 'Our children are never playing computer games' view. I, however, like the wii as it's not shooting zombie type games, but sport based pursuits. I love watching them as they play the cow racing game. When they first started playing this one, they quickly worked out you could make the cows jump and I have never heard such hearty laughter whilst they screamed 'Bouncy, bouncy.' Alice bought the the wii sports resort game and tonight we got going with it. They wanted to do canoeing and again were absolutely in hysterics. I think the scariest thing is they have learnt how to work the controls and change the menu options. They'll be hacking into the MoD mainframe computer system before I know it.
We decided not to throw them a party. I really didn't want twenty five children, who I don't know from nursery around our house. I don't care if I sound miserable. It seems you have to invite the whole class if you have a party and I'm not about to do that. Instead we took them bowling. They bloody loved it. As did we all. Mum was with us. Can I just say Mum, who, in her words, hasn't been bowling for about thirty years, got a strike on her first bowl.... this was after she'd got a 'par' on the wii golf the night before (I don't really know what that means, but it's good) and she has never held a golf club in her life. It was the funniest thing. I am definitely taking them again. They played properly, took it in turns and there was not one fight or argument. S wanted to return to the bowling alley this morning, but I had to explain, nursery came first.

Before we went out the boys from next door popped in for a slice of birthday cake with their mum. My neighbour is so nice. She really is a lovely lady and her kids are great. B & S love them.

I felt so different yesterday. I think I felt like a grown up. I didn't spend ALL day shouting at them to behave or dragging them to do things. Something just clicked and we all laughed and had fun. Happy Birthday B & S. You rock x

No other real news. I have very high shoes to wear for John's Christmas party. Stupidly high. I think I'll last three minutes in them, but I miss heels, so am prepared to give them a go. Avon stuff arrives on Friday. I can't wait. Mum is here until the weekend and before you know it, we'll be back for Christmas....


I love you all


Sally


xxx

2 comments:

  1. Tomorrow. I'll post a photo. They are ridiculous and borderline, no actually very tarty.... I'm going for the mutton dressed as lamb look now that I'm almost 40! 40!!!!

    ReplyDelete